Friday, October 3, 2008

Johnny Carlson

Well, like I said in the previous post, I found my biological father the other day. He is gone, but his son, my brother, is interested in meeting me. He called me yesterday, and we talked for almost an hour on the phone. It was so nice. I almost cried because of it. I enjoyed it very much. His grandma, the mom of his mom (she isn't my biological mom), came onto the phone and warned me that Johnny inherited the "likes to talk" gene from Larry. I told her that it was perfectly all right. I was enjoying it whole heartedly. : ) Plus I told her I inherited it too. LOL

He asked me when I was going to come visit him. My hubby and I are trying to get our ducks in a row and see if it may be possible for us to make the drive out there in a little over 2 weeks (Its to Montello Nevada... about 4 hours away from me...). We are hoping it will be all right if we got out on a Sunday and then maybe stay over night in Wendover (about an hour away from Montello), and then go back to their place on Monday, and then make the drive back on Monday night, so we wont be driving 8 hours overall on one day. Plus if we do that, it will kind of incorporate the "weekend for us" that we have wanted to plan. We were thinking of in the next couple of months, before our Belly Bean is born, just paying for a hotel and spending a night or two together in SLC or something, and enjoying a relaxing time away from his family and any "requirements" or cares. We think it would be nice. Wendover would work as well.

If I am remembering correctly, I think one of my previous professors at Snow College is adopted. I think I am going to try to contact her, and see what kind of experiences she has had, and share mine with her....

I am hoping that when I meet Johnny and Joan (his mom, and Diana his grandma) they might be able to get me in touch with my "aunt" Beverly, who apparently does a lot of Genealogy. Maybe she might be able to help me find my "Blue Grandma", who is my biological grandma on my moms side. I haven't seen her since I was 5 ish. I just wanna know what happened to her, even if its the same thing as Larry. Even if I have to go visit her at her grave, it would still be nice to "see" her again. (BTW, she was my "Blue Grandma" because she always worse blue clothes, every time I saw her, so I associated the color with her. : ) Cute silly little kid -edness, but yeah, that's how it was.)

No comments: