Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Sorry, will try to play catch up:
September 2nd, 2008

I went in today for my first prenatal appointment. I called to confirm my Drs appointment, and they said my Dr was stuck in Germany! But they still got me in, and had me see the other Dr in the practice, Dr Judd. I was not to fond of him, but then again, maybe he wasn't to fond of me, especially coming in with a list of questions that was 40 + long.

They took my blood, and a urine sample, and did a pap smear (ugh, I hate those...), and we just talked to the Dr. Oh, they weighed me and took my Blood pressure. My weight was the same as my pre pregnancy weight, so it means that I had gained anything I had lost, back.

As I said, I was not to fond of Dr Judd, but he seems like a good Dr, and knowledgeable, and Michael trusts/likes him, so I will not complain. I hope my Dr is not a no show again next time though. My next appointment is the 30th.

September 13th, 2008
YAY! Michael got a job! I am so happy! He got hired at the Payson Walmart, and he will be stocking Dairy.

September 16th, 2008
Michael really seems to be liking this job, because it isn't as hard as unloading was. And he is having fun scaring little kids (not on purpose though...). There is a door behind the yogurt section, and he had it open to clean up a moldy mess of spilled yogurt. Since it was easier, he also started stocking the yogurt from the other side, where people couldn't see him. A little boy went running up to the yogurt and was exclaiming how yummy it was while reaching up for a particular yogurt, and right as he about picked it up, Michael's hand came out and grabbed the same yogurt. The little boy screamed and went running to his mommy. The mommy was laughing and trying to soothe her little one as best she could, and had to explain that it wasn't a monster, just a man putting more yogurt out. I feel bad that he got scared, but that was just SO cute! I would have paid to have seen it. Michael and I are looking forward to having to explain things like that to our little ones someday. : )

September 21st, 2008
Well, today was fun. Yesterday we went up north to do some stuff, and I got really sick. I was having really bad dizziness, and nausea, and trouble breathing. So today, after 24 hours of the symptoms not going away, after Michael got home I had him take me to the ER. My blood was perfect for oxygen saturation (100%), but they took me in anyways. The long and short of it was, I was severely dehydrated. So they gave me a bag of IV fluids, and my body just sucked them down! It was definitely a trip when I could do math in my head again because I haven't been able to do it for a while, because of the pregnancy fog. Apparently that and dehydration fog as well.

September 22nd, 2008
My FIL stated that maybe water alone isn't enough, and that maybe I need electrolytes to. He suggested drinking Gatorade or Powerade to help. I would if I could find some decent flavors. Yuck. Then later when I was talking to my friend Amber, she suggested the same thing. Apparently there is just plain water with electrolytes in it, called Smart water. Hopefully we will get to try some.

September 24th, 2008
Michale found a thing called Vitamin Water that has some electrolytes in it. He tried to buy me some, but he forgot the debit card and didn't have any cash in his pocket. But his parents ended up buying me some, and it has been helping a LOT! I feel so much better. I don't even need to drink as much in a day to get the same results! Its nice. I found out some of my problem was because lemon juice dehydrates you, and I was drinking a TON of lemonade, because it helped with the nausea, heartburn, and vomiting. So I will definitely have to watch how much I drink of it from now on.

Michael seems to really like his job still, and its good because he is connecting to some of his old HS friends. I am really glad about that. He is to isolated right now without his friends.

September 30th, 2008
Well, we went to see Dr Gordon today for my second appointment. We actually got to meet him today. The minute he walked into the room, I knew I liked him from his aura. (I don't know why, but I am picking up on auras really strongly now, for some reason.) But I was shocked when I saw him walk into the room hunched over worse than the most sad osteoporosis case I have seen. When he sat down he was okay, he could look me in the face. He revealed to us that the reason why he had been in Germany was because he had gone over there for help with his diagnosis, which is Lou Gehrig's disease. Basically, all the nerves in the body die, and after a while your nerves which help with breathing die, so people suffocate to death in the end. The disease is fatal, and death can result in as few as 3 months up to as long as 5 years. His is progressing rapidly, but not as bad as the 3 month mark. He was diagnosed in July, and its now October, but he is still well enough to handle some of the work in his practice.

They just had me pee in a cup today, and took my blood pressure (102/62)... Michael was surprised I was so low. I was in a really healthy range, so that's good. I weighed the same on their scale this time as I did last time, so I am still about 146 lbs. Which was my pre pregnancy weight. So at least I haven't lost any more. I got to talk to Dr Gordon, and he seems like a really nice guy. I really wish he could deliver my baby. He says that he isn't delivering babies right now, because he has lost so much upper body strength. He made a funny joke about even though the children come with bungee cords attached, he still didn't want to take the chance. Which I understand. He also believes in the Power of Prayer, so I am definitely praying for him. I sent an email to all my email contacts asking them to pray for him, so hopefully they will.

In Germany he said that they took out a lot of his bone marrow and separated the stem cells out, and then put the stem cells back into his spinal column (or cord? I cant remember which) to see if the cells would take and either reverse the damage all ready done, or at least slow down the damage to other areas. Like I said, I hope it works.

October 1st, 2008
Well, since I am pregnant, I have really started thinking about my past, and wanting to find my biological parents. I want to find out what happened, and about them, and about their pasts, and their health. And since that show has been on TV, the "Troy the Locator" one, about a guy who does Private investigations to find and reunite families, I have been wanting it more than ever. So Yesterday, September 30th, I did a little research, not much though. I went onto, and tried to look up any Larry Carlson's in the area of where he was last known to be living. I found a few names (not much since I couldn't afford to pay for those stupid people search websites), but decided to start there... to just call the three men on my list, and if all that happened was I narrowed down my list, so be it. Well I mentioned I was nervous to my Father In Law (FIL), and he came back and tried to help me search for criminal records to try to find him... we didn't find anything, so that was a good and bad thing, lol. Anyways, I called my mom to ask if she could give me my brothers phone number so I could call and ask him some info, without getting my mom caught in the cross fire (my dad didn't want me to find my biological dad... I think he was afraid of losing me...). I got the phone number, and called him. He gave me all the info he could. Then my parents called back... My dad had some information that my mom never knew about. He had sworn that he would never give it to me, but when my mom explained that it was so I could find out if I needed to be worried about any health stuff, and so I could forearm my baby, he caved and gave me some phone numbers. I called, and the area code had changed. I called the same number with a new area code, and got my fathers mother in law. She told me she would call me back to give me the phone number of my fathers wife Joan, and so I waited. But she didn't call me back. Joan did.

We talked a while, and its saddens me to say that I found my father, a little over a year to late. He died on May 31st, 2007. From Cancer. But I found out that after his heart attack in approximately the year 2000, he had started trying to look for me. So he still loved me. She said he talked about me a lot. She says that he still had a photo album with baby pictures of me, and pictures of my biological mom in it. Joan says that she is willing to send it to me. : ) And she wants to meet me, and she wants me to meet their son, Johnny. Who turned 13 recently. His birthday is May 27th. So its kind of cool, I am the youngest child and the oldest child all in one. : )

Joan is in Michigan right now on vacation, and when she gets back in the 10th of October, she is going to try to find the photo album, and send it to me. When I told her I was pregnant, and that if she wants to consider it that way, she will be a Grandma in March. She seems excited. : ) Also, when she gets back on the 10th, after she gets settled in I assume, she will see if she can get me in touch with some of my aunts and my uncle, my father's family. Especially my "Aunt" Beverly, who is really into genealogy. Joan thinks that MAYBE Aunt Beverly might be able to help me find my mothers side of my biological family. I hope so, cause even if all she can give me are names, if she could help me find my biological grandma on my mothers side (my "Blue" grandma), I would be so happy.

So yeah, I have had an interesting day. I am looking forward to talking again to my fathers wife Joan, and I am hoping this is legitimate, and that she actually wants to meet me. I have fears it was an act to get rid of me, but ionno. I don't want to judge like that when I don't even know this woman, who seemed SO nice, and who was under absolutely NO obligation to even talk to me, and yet she did. So Ionno. I guess I get to play the waiting game. But at least I know more now that I have ever known. And I know to be on the lookout for cancer and heart disease.

No comments: